|With Oh Amanda|
1. Rope Drop. Yes I know it’s early to most but 9:00 is mid-morning at our house (my kids are usually up by 5:30 – 6:00 at the latest) so it’s a no brainer that we’d head out to the park.
|Boys ready for rope drop at Animal Kingdom|
2. Take a Rest. In the middle of the day we go back to wherever we’re staying to take a break. If it’s swimming, napping or just relaxing for a couple of hours, that’s fine. I don’t know anyone who doesn’t need a break from the FL sun and a chance to gain a bit more energy. If we don’t rest during the day, we try to make it an early night.
|This is what happens when you don’t take a rest 🙂|
3. Close the Park. I realize that I just said I like to be there at rope drop. I also said that I like to rest. Even my kids (yes the early risers) love closing the parks down. The feeling changes so much when the sun goes down; it almost feels more magical.
|The boys love being in the parks at night!|
4. See Characters. I’m thrilled that my oldest son loves hunting down characters and getting autographs because I love seeing them.
|We always have a great time meeting our Disney pals|
5. Getting a Popcorn Bucket. I love those adorable little buckets and try to get one on each trip.
6. Meeting Up with Friends. Thanks to Twitter, I don’t think there’s been a time I’ve been at Disney in the past year or so that I haven’t seen someone I know or met a new friend I tweet with just about every day. I love my growing family and friends.
7. Watching Wishes. The last trip we took was the first (and last) we didn’t watch my most favorite fireworks display. Just hearing the music at home makes me tear up.
8. Riding the Monorail. I love hopping on the monorail to explore other parks or resorts. It’s such a fun way to travel!
9. Relax! Disney’s the one place I can go where I don’t really care a whole lot about what’s happening in the real world and I am so thankful for that.
10. Share the Magic. If we’ve got extra fast passes we’re not going to use, we pass them on to other excited families or share extra snacks we brought with us. One thing the boys love is bringing stickers and handing them out to other kids who are scared about meeting a character or having a melt down.