I wanted to get you some news from the trip we just got back from Sunday night. I’m going to share my Top 5 highlights from this trip until I can dish all the details.
5. Getting (almost) all of our “must dos” done. The boys wanted to see the Pixar characters and we go to physically see all of them. While in line for the Up! characters, Dug went off to chase some squirrels so we weren’t able to meet him which made Carter sad since he wanted to see the doggy. Boo was also one we wanted to see but she wasn’t there by the time we made it to the front of that line. Other than that, we got pretty much everything we set out to do done which made everyone happy!
4. Watching Wishes from Big Thunder Mountain. We’ve been in line and watched Wishes from the queue before but never been on the ride during the actual fireworks. It was so cool to see the fireworks around the different turns.
3. Managing EPCOT with the boys by myself. This is something I’ve always wondered about – would I be able to hang out with the boys by myself and not have an anxiety attack? Well the answer to that is a resounding yes!! We made it through Pixar weekend for the most part by ourselves (hubby started out the day with us for a couple of hours before he headed off on his own to listen to the speakers) with no real meltdowns or drama to speak of.
2. Seeing some amazing friends and taking some “Mommy Time”. I’m so thankful for the little break I got Friday night to see some friends like Shelly, Betsy and Nicole and finally put faces to names for people like Dana, Shalon and Rora.
1. Taking the time to watch my boys on the attractions and in the parks. One of the best moments this trip was watching my boys grab the jewels and other items from Mickey’s Philharmagic instead of watching the show itself. Seeing the magic and wonder on their face is truly priceless and was my favorite memory.
More to come soon!!