Welcome to this month’s Blogorail Yellow Loop. Today we are sharing ideas to celebrate Star Wars Day.
Dark side or light, you’ll still need to refuel for your next battle. These simple yet tasty snacks will help you with that.
Last year for our wedding anniversary, my kids (the boys mostly because the princess will go along with just about any idea that involves food…) decided to make ten Star Wars inspired snacks for our tenth wedding anniversary. Of course it was a last minute plan but we wound up having more things on hand to create our “out of this galaxy” goodies.
A few things to remember when recreating things at home:
- Keep it simple! The recreations should be fun – not stressful.
- It’s not going to look like the picture. Nope. No matter how much you try it’s not going to. And that’s totally ok. Put your own spin on it!
- Wing it if needed. You’ve spent hours looking for directions on Pinterest for something you’ve come up with in your head but can’t find something that’s “just right” or you like pieces from several different tutorials you’ve found. Just mash them together to make your vision come to life (and bonus points if you’re a blogger and share the directions with the rest of us!).
- Repurpose what you’ve already got. Don’t worry about creating something completely original. It’s ok to put a twist on a family favorite – just come up with a cute name for the spaghetti you were already planning to make for dinner.
Here’s some of the things we did:
- Gelatin shapes – I bought Jello molds at Walmart and made the Jello right in them. You can also make your gelatin on a cookie sheet and use cute cookie cutters to cut it into different shapes. Or try making a solid block of gelatin with Han Solo hardened in like carbonite.
- Drinks – we did Yoda Soda (lemon lime soda with lime sherbet) and it was a huge hit with the kiddos.
- Ships – with some graham crackers, melted chocolate, and marshmallows the boys made some Star Wars ships to munch on for dessert.
- Light sabers – a few grapes stuck on a skewer or straw make a great light saber!
- Cookie cutters – we’ve got these William Sonoma cookie cutters. (These are cool ones too!) Think about using them for cookies, gelatin shapes, cutting out fruit, making cupcake toppers, or even just tracing the shapes onto paper to decorate your table.
check out the other great posts from the Blogorail!
Here is the map of our Magical Blogorail Yellow | Celebrating Star Wars Day Loop:
- 1st Stop – My Pixie Dust Diary | Snack Ideas
- 2nd Stop – Home is Where the Mouse Is | The Force Awakens Movie Night
- 3rd Stop – Rolling with the Magic | 5 Ways to Celebrate Star Wars Day
- 4th Stop – Superheroes and Teacups | Fun Books to Help You Celebrate Star Wars Day
- 5th Stop – Disney Mamas | DIY BB-8 Shoes