Lugging around an over packed bag of things you won’t use probably isn’t on your to do list for your Disney trip. Here’s a quick list of the absolute must have items in your bag. Of course you can add other things based on your family’s needs, but make sure you’ve got:
- Changing supplies – if you’re bringing a diaper bag, you probably have little ones. Make sure your bag includes diapers, wipes, change of clothes, diaper cream, ect. Whatever you’ll need during your bathroom breaks.
- Autograph supplies – pens for sure and whatever you want the characters to sign on – an autograph book you’ve bought or made, a photo matte to put in a frame, pillowcase or another creative option.
- Sunscreen and medicine – regardless of the time of year you visit, sunscreen is a must have – even it’s just on your face. In the same bag, include the other medicine or first aid items you might need while visiting the parks. Things like band aids or medicine for things like allergic reactions are great to keep with you.
- Snacks and drinks – we all know Disney can be very expensive. Bring your own snacks and drinks with you to save time (no need to wait in line!) and money (you can pay Target or Walmart prices instead of Disney prices). Just about anything goes when bringing food and drinks into the parks – just check the most recent guidelines from Disney before you pack your bag. Remember to grab a sippy cup or bottle if anyone in your group will need one to enjoy their drinks.
- Special comfort items – if your little one needs a pacifier, lovey or something else to nap or calm down, be sure it’s made it into your bag before you head into the parks. One thing to remember – while it’s better to bring the item so everyone can avoid a meltdown in the middle of the Magic Kingdom, if you only have one of the special comfort items, you might want to leave it in the room or have a plan for connecting it to your child or the stroller for safe keeping. While Disney does have a lost and found, the time it takes for it to be turned in and added to the system might be a while without that special something.
What are some things that have to make it in your diaper bag each time you’re headed out?