CELEBRATION, Fla. – Elegant dinners, casual buffets, character breakfasts, themed deck party fare and other exciting options make dining on a Disney Cruise Line ship a memorable experience for guests of all ages.
Uniquely themed restaurants are as delightful as they are delicious on the Disney Magic and Disney Wonder. Plus, Disney Cruise Line features a unique dining concept that allows guests to enjoy different restaurants for dinner while their servers remain the same.
Fresh influences, culinary trends and popular favorites inspire each menu, providing unsurpassed quality and a variety of offerings to delight the palate of every guest. Lighter offerings, vegetarian and vegan selections, and specially noted guest favorites can be found on each dinner menu. Varietal wine-pairing recommendations are coupled with entrée items so guests, assisted by their servers, can make selections that suit their particular tastes and budget.
For an enchanting ending to the meal, Sweet Temptations dessert samplers feature a trio of tasting-size dessert selections, giving guests the opportunity to indulge in a variety of flavors served in the perfect portion size.
Disney Cruise Line originated the rotational dining concept. While guests experience a different restaurant for dinner each night, the same servers accompany them, providing friendly, familiar, personalized service.
• Lumière’s (Disney Magic) invites passengers to “be our guest” in a grand dining room with French elegance, reminiscent of classic transatlantic ocean liners. Triton’s (Disney Wonder) is a splendid venue inspired by the “under the sea” theme of Disney’s “The Little Mermaid.”
At both venues, passengers savor continental cuisine with a French flair, including items such as braised lamb shank with creamy polenta in a red wine sauce; duck confit with dried prunes, candied walnuts and apple-walnut dressing; seared sea bass with a mushroom herb risotto and sweet onion marmalade; and Grand Marnier soufflé.
• Animator’s Palate (Disney Magic, Disney Wonder) offers outstanding culinary fare and a dining experience only Disney could imagine. Keep an eye on the artwork on the walls. Animation scenes from classic Disney films that begin as black and white sketches magically come alive with color throughout the meal. The cuisine is Pacific Rim combined with California freshness and a host of other culinary influences.
Specialties include grilled veal chop with roasted red bliss potatoes, sweet onions and a morel mushroom sauce; fire-roasted beef tenderloin, carved to order, with wasabi mashed potatoes, sautéed bok choy and a tamarind-barbecue reduction; and cranberry and orange cheesecake with a dark chocolate sauce.
• Parrot Cay (Disney Magic, Disney Wonder), inspired by Caribbean colors and architectural styles and the fresh cuisine of the tropics, serves island grill specialties made extra special with regional spices, fruits and vegetables. Vibrant colors, a relaxed atmosphere and delicious fresh fare are the heart of this restaurant.
Selections include island-spiced grilled rib-eye of beef, poached halibut with clams and mussels flavored with ginger, lime and cilantro, braised jerk-season pork chop and French toast banana bread with coconut ice cream and caramel sauce.
Special Themed Menus
Special themed dining experiences bring a splash of new culinary influences and provide a one-of-a-kind dining experience every night.
• Pirates IN the Caribbean celebrates “a pirate’s life for me” with Caribbean cuisine and Bahamian specialties such as smoked pork ribs with guava barbeque sauce served with onion red bliss mashed potatoes and Dijon-crusted sirloin of beef.
• The Captain’s Gala is a cruising tradition. The menu features fine wines and world-class cuisine such as baked lobster tail; oysters Rockefeller; and pan-seared venison medallions with marinated red cabbages and potato croquettes in a port wine and juniper reduction.
• Golden Mickeys takes some of the best European-inspired dishes and combines them onto one magnificent menu for a magical dining experience at sea. Fine selections include double-baked aged Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese soufflé with gorgonzola, spinach and mascarpone sauce with white truffle oil; and roasted fillet of beef Wellington with mushroom stuffing, fingerling potatoes and pearl onion ragout with a light grainy mustard sauce.
• Till We Meet Again is the perfect opportunity to say farewell to your servers and tablemates. This special last-night dinner salutes some of the great culinary influences of American cuisine with dishes such as garlic and rosemary marinated lamb sirloin with leek potato gratin and sun-dried tomato jus; oven-roasted, glazed Atlantic salmon with stir-fried Asian greens; and sesame-crusted tuna sashimi with wakame salad and American caviar.
Dining With Character
Guests can interact with Disney characters during several special dining opportunities.
• Character Breakfasts offer guests a special way to meet popular Disney characters for pictures, hugs and autographs.
• Tea with Your Disney Friends is a posh-yet-casual afternoon snack just for families. Favorite Disney friends tell stories, sign autographs and pose for pictures while guests enjoy iced tea and juice, served in teapots, and cookies.
• During Pirates IN the Caribbean evenings, guests partake in a Caribbean-inspired dinner and a special pirate-themed deck party. Characters such as Captain Hook, Mr. Smee, Captain Mickey, Minnie and Goofy join guests on deck for a raucous good time, complete with spectacular fireworks, music and dancing.
Additional Dining Options
From elegant to casual, there are dining experiences that fit everyone’s tastes and preferences.
• Palo, Disney’s signature restaurant at sea, treats adults to sweeping ocean views and exquisite modern Italian specialties. Located high atop both ships, it’s the perfect setting for romantic dinners and intimate gatherings. During sea days, Palo hosts a spectacular champagne brunch. Advance reservations are required.
• Topsider Buffet (Disney Magic) and Beach Blanket Buffet (Disney Wonder) prepare breakfast and themed lunch buffets every day. Topsider Buffet also offers casual dining on select evenings.
• Pluto’s Dog House and Pinocchio’s Pizzeria serve snacks like burgers, grilled chicken sandwiches, chicken tenders, tacos and pizza. Goofy’s Galley serves ice cream treats and frozen yogurt, plus healthy options such as fresh fruit, salads, sandwich wraps and toasted paninis.
• Around the clock, guests can order complimentary stateroom dining or refresh themselves with soft drinks, iced tea, lemonade, assorted juices and teas, milk and coffee at a complimentary self-service beverage station.
• At Castaway Cay, Disney’s private Bahamian island, families enjoy an “all-you-care-to-eat” island barbecue, while adults can choose from a menu of grilled sandwiches at the far end of the island in an area reserved just for them.
To learn more about Disney Cruise Line or to book a vacation, guests can visit disneycruise.com, call Disney Cruise Line at 888/DCL-2500 or contact their travel agent.