Edited to add that this post has been added to the Riding the Rails blog hop with Magical Blogorail!
I’ve been telling you about our #DisneySide adventure for a couple of weeks now. Sunday was our big party. The past week has been a little crazy here so I was way behind on prep work which made for an interesting weekend. Saturday was spent running errands, crafting, cleaning and cooking for Sunday’s events. Over the next couple of weeks, I’ll share all the details with you but I wanted to give you an overview today.
Our party was held outside and thankfully the weather cooperated! There were a few sprinkles but it all worked out just fine. A good number of guests showed up and from the second the party started until the last guest left I was able to enjoy the party and interact with my guests – something I don’t normally do well since I’m trying to run around and make sure everything’s perfect. I loved hearing other’s Disney stories and tips. You can always learn something new and everyone shared their knowledge with each other.
We had stations at the party to help keep the guests moving as well as give the kids some activities to do during the party. This is also where all the food went. Since we’re most familiar with Walt Disney World, that was the main focus of the party. Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, runDisney and Adventures by Disney were all represented too!
Another thing I got to share with my guests were some of my favorite people who help me make my trips more magical:
- Joseph DeFazio, Off to Neverland travel agent – Joe has booked several trips for us and has been amazing. I would recommend him to anyone at all to book a Disney vacation. Thinking about going to Disney? Give him a call and tell him I sent you his way. He’ll take care of you!
- Thirty One bags – when we’re packing, I use an abundance of Thirty One bags! I love taking a large utility tote with each of the kid’s clothes in a separate bag. The various sized coolers are great when you’re bringing drinks, snacks or meals into the parks with you. We also use the backpacks and cinch sacks as park bags.
- Scentsy warmers – one of the first things I do when we get to our room is unpack my warmer and get it going. I’m not a fan of “hotel” smell. Thankfully the warmers travel well and work quickly to make it smell nice and homey.
- The Sassy Sheriff – Laurie makes adorable personalized items to help you stand out in the crowd! Check out her page for lots of ideas but don’t be shy about messaging her if you’ve got something specific in mind.
I also shared some of my favorite ways to keep the magic alive when you’re at home counting down until your next trip:
- The Disney Driven Life – come join a community of other Neurotic Disney People who love all things Disney. You’ll find lots of information as well as a flourishing community where you can interact with other Disney lovers, read Disney books, do Disney crafts and all kinds of other fun things!
- Capturing Magical Memories – once you’re home with your memory card full of pictures, stop by Mary’s site and learn how to stay organized with the pictures so you can find them later. She’ll also give you lots of fantastic ideas to help get those pictures out of the camera and into your life.
- The Magical Blogorail – hop aboard and see what’s in store! Each day is a new adventure so be sure you check back often.
- Celebrations Magazine – you’ll be surprised by the depth of knowledge and quality of this “magazine” when it finds it’s way to your mailbox. You can even order back issues if your favorite attraction has been featured in the past.
Stay tuned this week for lots more information about the party and learn how you can get some of the cool things the hosts got! Take a second to share your #DisneySide in the comments below!