Thinking of staying off property when you visit Walt Disney World? The Blogorail is sharing tips and info to get you ready for vacation.
Visiting Walt Disney World (or just about any other vacation destination) is something most families plan for a while before actually taking the trip. Many things come into play while planning and budget is usually first on the list. Hotels in a prime location can certainly add to the expense of your vacation but they don’t have to eat up your budget! Here are a few tips for choosing your offsite property and how to the stay memorable:
- Read the reviews. Every property looks wonderful on their own website and will post stunning reviews. Take a few extra moments to read real reviews before actually making your reservations. I personally use Trip Advisor and love it. The reviews are fair and honest and I love that travelers can actually post their own pictures of the properties from their stay.
- Location, location, location. On MapQuest it might look just a few minutes away but locals know that those few minutes during rush hour can really be hours. That means more time spent in your car and less time having fun at your destination. It might be worth the few extra dollars to stay a little bit closer so you’re not fighting traffic.
- BYO(fill in the blank). When you stay off property, you can bring your own food, drinks, ect to make your trip more cost effective as well as a bit closer to your home life for the comfort of everyone.
- Contact the property. If you have any kind of special needs, take a moment to contact the property before your arrival. You might consider asking for a first floor unit if you’ve got little ones so you don’t haul bags or sleeping kids up flights of stairs at the end of a long day. On the other hand, if you’re traveling without kids, you could consider asking for a unit on a higher floor.
- Enjoy the property. Many properties have a long list of amenities available to guests. Sometimes there’s enough to keep you busy for a day or two at the resort alone! Having a day of down time at your resort isn’t a bad thing so make sure you’ve got time to enjoy those amenities you’re paying for.
Have you stayed off property during a vacation? What’s the one thing you look for when choosing the perfect property for your stay?
check out the other great posts from the Blogorail!
Here is the map of our Blogorail Special Edition | Tips for Staying Off Property at Walt Disney World Loop:
- 1st Stop – Adventures with Toddlers & Preschoolers | Get More Space for the Money
- 2nd Stop – The Delightful Life | Renting a Car on a Budget
- 3rd Stop – Disney Mamas | Grocery Delivery
- 4th Stop – Rolling with the Magic | Parking at Walt Disney World
- 5th Stop – My Pixie Dust Diary | General Tips for Staying Off Property