If you’ve got kids or ever had surgery, you’ve probably had a list like this at one time or another. Below are some things I cannot wait to do once I have this little princess:
• Color my hair. I’m not a frilly, girly girl, but I cannot wait to get rid of these grays! I’ll do the quick from a box when I can but (fingers crossed) I’ll be able to get the amazing Dana to do it for me (real color and highlights!) when we head to Michigan this summer.
• Sleep on my belly. I’m a belly sleeper but I know I’ve probably got a good long while before I’ll be able to do this. It took about a year after the other c – sections.
• Have a drink. I don’t drink a lot, but sometimes something frozen and fruity just sounds good. I think part of it too is not being allowed to have something that makes you want it more.
• Sitting around holding a baby. The window for this is so short…all too quickly they’re moving around on their own and don’t want mommy to sit and hold them. I plan to take advantage of as many snuggles as I can get this time around. (this poor child may not walk until she’s three!! lol)
• Watching my kids play together. I love watching (and listening) to the boys play together. They’ve got great imaginations and seeing them get along is priceless. I cannot wait to see how their sister will fold into this mix.
• Wearing pants without elastic! This one’s very exciting for me. I really want to be wearing “real” clothes by the time we start traveling this summer. After having my first son, I told myself there was no point in putting a lot of effort into loosing the weight if I was just going to get pregnant again and gain it back so I never really did. Since this is probably the last one, I guess I need to put the effort in this time…
Well, one of the first things I did actually do was color my hair. 🙂 There are still some gray ones in there but it does look better than before!
I still haven’t slept on my belly but I’m thankful for the sleep I’ve gotten so far.
No drinking yet either…maybe during our upcoming Disney trip???
I have spent way too much time sitting around holding my sweet little girl! So much in fact that she will hardly sleep laying down!
Thankfully the boys love their little sister and I’ve had lots of time while I am sitting around holding my baby to watch the boys play together. This has provided lots of laughs and entertainment.
I’m still wearing elastic waist shorts but I’ve got some exciting news in a future post about that! When I go back to work, I’ll have to wear “real” pants again…