Can y’all seriously believe Easter is Sunday? It seems like we were just getting back from our annual Thanksgiving Disney trip and putting the Christmas tree up. This year just keeps moving at lightening speed and doesn’t appear to be slowing down any time soon. Hopefully I’m not alone in still having Easter things to finish up. Here are a few tips for boiling and coloring your Easter eggs:
- The Lean Green Bean has a recipe for baking your eggs in the oven
- Celebrating Family has a more traditional boiling approach for the eggs
- iVillage also has steps to boil an egg
- Your Homebased Mom has info on naturally colored eggs
- Wilton has tips on coloring eggs with gel food coloring
- Hey Jenrenee has the scoop on using Kool Aid to dye your eggs
This is one of the things that even though my boys are growing up they still ask to do every year. Normally I use a package from the store to dye our eggs but I think this year we’re going to try the Kool Aid approach and see how that works out. We only color the eggs, then it’s up to hubby to eat them. Having five kids coloring eggs, he’s got a lot to eat over the next week or so. I’m sure I’ll have some tips next week on how to use up all those eggs!
Are you coloring eggs this weekend? Have a preferred method to cook or decorate? Tell me all about it by leaving a comment!