One of the best things about Disney is that there’s always something new to see when you go back. Recently, this seems to have been taken to a whole new level at Walt Disney World. With the opening of New Fantasyland and renovation of Test Track and now the announcement of Avatar Land at Animal Kingdom and Star Wars Land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios things are certainly changing in the parks. Not to mention the new FastPass+ and Memory Maker updates. All these changes certainly have people who haven’t visiting in a while ready to plan their next vacation. Well if all that wasn’t enough, here are a few more things Disney’s got in the works that were announced over the past several days:
- New runDisney Avengers Event – A new Avengers themed half marathon will be taking place this fall at Disneyland. Registration opens next month so be sure to keep your eye out for that announcement if you want to participate.
- Ticket Price Increase – as usual, Disney has increased it’s ticket prices again this year. They’ve maintained the separate cost to visit the Magic Kingdom and the other remaining parks. Normally this increase comes closer to August so many were caught off guard by this year’s early increase. It makes me sad to see the ticket prices so high. People who can only travel for a day or two are very limited. With so many other theme parks in the area with a cheaper ticket price to get them through the gates, I wonder how this increase will affect Disney.
- Hub Changes at the Magic Kingdom – Disney is adding new pathways, additional seating and more fireworks viewing with the changes that should be completed next year.
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train – this week Disney released new ride video from the Magic Kingdom’s newest roller coaster: the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. The ride looks fantastic. Can’t wait to try it out later this year!
- Ticket Discount – for groups purchasing six tickets for four or more days in the park, Disney is currently offering a discount. If you purchase the tickets before June 14, you will get an extra day in the parks when you purchase your tickets for four or more days!
- Star Wars Weekend Changes – an extra weekend’s been added for even more fans to attend this special event. One change we were sad to see is that Hyperspace Hoopla won’t be returning this year. In it’s place will be a new fireworks show.
Outside of the parks, Good Morning America had fun hosting a Frozen sing along this week! Be sure to check it out but be prepared to be singing “Let It Go” for the rest of the day!